Friday, February 1, 2013

Obama Loves Vegas

President Obama chose Las Vegas for the first trip of his second term, and this time it was my turn to be part of the local pool. This basically meant that me and a reporter were carted around with the national press and rode in their fancy vans in the motorcade to and from the airport. Sadly, Obama did not make any special stops on this trip, just the speech on immigration reform at Del Sol High School. He was on the ground in Vegas for less than two hours. It was still fun though. The best part was having a different view when Obama stepped off Air Force One for the presidential wave. I've always been positioned on a riser directly across from the plane. This time I was on the ground, closer to the plane, and there was a nice cloud overhead that had been blocking the sun intermittently all morning. So I decided to go for a wide shot. It's my favorite one of the day.









No comments:

Post a Comment