Thursday, June 2, 2011

Burlesque Rainbow

My task for this week's issue of Las Vegas Weekly: take photos of beautiful and sultry local burlesque performers for our burlesque cover story by Kristen Peterson. My inspiration? Alberto Vargas, of course! Sadly and pathetically, I had never heard of Vargas until early last week, when Weekly art director Ryan Olbrysh sent me a couple dozen of the famous pin-up painter's images to work from. We decided to shoot each performer on a different candy-colored backdrop, and used the Vargas poses as inspiration. The best thing about photographing performers is that they already love the camera, and the camera loves them right back. I hardly did anything at all. I am in love with the rainbow effect of seeing all the images together. Below is a key to who's who.

red = Miss Karla Joy
pink = Dixie Evans, the Marilyn Monroe of Burlesque
orange = Vi Vacious
yellow = Kalani Kokonuts
green = Tempest Storm, Burlesque Legend
blue = Cha Cha Velour






No comments:

Post a Comment